Pixel Experience ROM is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) or CAF (Code Aurora Forum) based ROM which includes Google Apps by default. It also features all the Google Pixel goodies like Pixel launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation etc. The ROM offers the maximum possible stability and security along with all the features which are essential for an Android device. Now, the Pixel Experience ROM has been released for Redmi Note 5 device officially. Therefore, you can get Pixel Experience ROM on Redmi Note 5 phone via the TWRP Custom Recovery process.
You can grab the flashable file and other file links with a step-by-step guide like installation process, backing up data etc. Follow the steps properly.
Disclaimer: TheDroidTimes site will not be responsible for any kind of damage or issue occurs to your device while following this guide. Do it at your own risk.
- Your device should have Unlocked Bootloader
- Should have TWRP Custom Recovery installed: Download
- Pixel Experience ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie: Download
- Backup all of your device data before doing anything. This Custom ROM flashing will erase all the data and cache.
Important: No need to install GApps for this ROM. The Pixel Experience ROM comes with preloaded GApps.
Pixel Experience ROM Features:
- Home screen
- Homescreen Settings
- Notification Bar
- Apps tray and Volume bar
- Settings menu
- Android Version
- Digital Wellbeing
- Google Tray
Pixel Experience ROM Working Features:
- Latest February 28th 2019 Security Patch Update
- Pixel launcher with round icon support
- Default Pixel boot animation support
- Default Pixel sounds and ringtones
- Google Pixel Stock Wallpapers support
- Google Pixel Blue color accent
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) mode feature
- Background Task limits
- Auto-fill User Interface
- Digital Wellbeing Dashboard
- Camera2api enabled by default
- Google Stock Camera installed (No Night Mode)
- Pure Stock Android Experience with expected stability
How To Install Android 9.0 Pie Based Pixel Experience ROM On Redmi Note 5
Here is the guide on how to install ADB and TWRP Recovery on Android Device:
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root any Xiaomi Device – Guide (Similar Guide)
- Download and Install 15 seconds adb installer v1.4.3 on Windows (All Version)
Steps to Flash Pie Based Pixel Experience ROM on Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5:
- First, switch off your phone and boot it into Fastboot mode by press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Now, connect your phone to a PC via a USB cable.
- Open the Command Prompt on your PC via CMD (Start > CMD) and navigate to the folder where you’ve installed the ADB.
- Type the following command on the terminal and check if the device is detected by the system or not. [You’ll see the fastboot device id]
- Now, install twrp recovery via typing below line(Make sure to download the right twrp img file for your device first)
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Boot your device into TWRP mode
- Your device will boot into Custom Recovery. Now go to Wipe > select dalvik, system, data, internal storage, cache and confirm swipe to wipe.
- Now, go to Install > search for the downloaded ROM file and swipe to flash.
- After the successfully ROM flashing, you’ll see wipe cache/dalvik option.
- Select it and confirm swipe to wipe option.
- Reboot your device and wait for at least 10-15 minutes to boot.
You’re done. Now, you have successfully flashed the Android Pie based Pixel Experience ROM on your Redmi Note 5 handset.