There are plenty of video downloader apps available in the market for Android devices. All of these downloaders can download YouTube videos very easily. But most of the users don’t know that and some of them don’t know how to download videos via the app. Here is the guide on how to download YouTube videos on an Android device.
Please make sure that the following mentioned methods are unofficial and apps are third-party apps. So, you should read all the guidelines or disclaimers of these apps before using them. Normally, YouTube offers a simple download option on every video based on the app store. You can’t really watch downloaded videos on YouTube via this method without an internet connection. And the most important thing, you can’t save downloaded videos on-device storage.
How to Download YouTube Videos on Android Device
YouTube Premium is the best way to download YouTube videos for watching offline on an Android device. But it costs $11.99 per month. So, if you can spend that amount on a monthly basis, there is no need to use any third-party downloader app.
The YouTube Premium features an ad-free multimedia experience, exclusive YouTube Originals videos, YouTube Music Premium, and Google Play Music. In order to update to the YouTube Premium, your YouTube app should be updated to the latest version. Then subscribe to the Premium access from the app itself. Now, you need to follow the mentioned steps.
- Tap on the Download icon while watching any YouTube video > then the video will download.
- Select a resolution quality from the list and tap on OK.
- You can see all the downloaded videos in the Library section.
- Now, tap on Downloads folder > tap on a video and play.
- You can also delete videos from the downloads section.
Best apps for downloading YouTube videos on Android
The following two third-party video downloader apps can download YouTube videos directly from the app. The best part is that, you can also download other platform videos as well via these apps like Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Follow the steps to download via third-party downloader app:
- Just download and install any of these apps and open it.
- You can search for the specific video or open YouTube directly from the app (Snaptube).
- Otherwise, you can copy the YouTube video URL and paste it into the downloader app.
- Now, you will get an option to download that individual video in all available video and audio formats like in 1080P/720P/480P/360P and even in .mp3 formats.
- Select your prefered format and tap on the download button. This will start the downloading process and you will get notified whenever download completes.