Xiaomi recently launched the Redmi Go device with Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition. If you’re using this device and want to root or install TWRP Recovery, we’ll share with you the steps. this is the cheapest smartphone with Android Oreo Go edition by Xiaomi. Here is the guide on How to install TWRP and Root Redmi Go Device. If you don’t know about SuperSu or Rooting, here is a brief definition about it.
What is SuperSu?
SuperSu is a highly reliable and renowned root solution for Android ever since it was launched by Chainfire a few years back. SuperSu was introduced as a mainstream app that helps users better manage root access rights. The developers of SuperSu tried to emphasize and focus more on creating a unique GUI for the end users to help them handle root permissions easily. It also offers a number of other features to make the rooting process more efficient and powerful.
If you want to root your device using SuperSu.zip, then you are in the right place. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you do just that.
- This Guide is only for Redmi Go device. Don’t try this method for any other device.
- Your device Bootloader must be unlocked. Go to MIUI Unlock page and unlock your Mi device.
- Take a full backup of your device data before doing anything.
- Make sure keep at least 60%-70% battery on your phone.
- Your smartphone should have installed TWRP recovery. Download TWRP.img (unofficial). You can follow the step-by-step process on TWRP – Install TWRP recovery on Any Android Device
- After installing the Custom Recovery, you need to follow the steps to root mentioned below.
Disclaimer: While following this guide TheDroidTimes will not be responsible for any kind of damage or issue occurs to your device. There is no official release of the twrp image file for Redmi Go model yet. We’ve shared an unofficial image file link contains Magisk Recovery file (expected).
We recommend you to wait for the official stable release of Custom Recovery for this device. But if you’re a flashoholic and want to root by any mean, do it at your own risk. Improper file or process can brick your device easily.
Steps to Root Redmi Go Device:
- Download Supersu.zip file for the Redmi Go device at first and copy it on your device storage.
- Now, rename the zip file to Update.zip for better understanding.
- Switch off your Redmi Go device and boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Now boot your Redmi Go in TWRP Recovery mode.
- The TWRP Recovery main menu will appear.
- Go to Wipe option and choose Wipe Cache > Swipe to wipe cache.
- Go back to the main menu again and tap on Install button > search for the Update.zip file and swipe to confirm flash.
- Wait for a few seconds and it will successfully root your Xiaomi Redmi Go device very easily.
If you’ve faced any error, you can comment down below.