Rooting an Android smartphone can be confusing for most people especially the ones who are trying it for the first time on their new devices. For instance, unmanaged root access might get you in a mess as it can allow apps/services to perform actions on your device. The permissions can easily be leveraged to steal personal information or to inject malware in your device. However, this will never be the case when you install SuperSu zip on your Android device and use it for efficient and effective management of root permissions.
What is SuperSu?
SuperSu is a highly reliable and renowned root solution for Android ever since it was launched by Chainfire a few years back. SuperSu was introduced as a mainstream app that helps users better manage root access rights. The developers of SuperSu tried to emphasize and focus more on creating a unique GUI for the end users to help them handle root permissions easily. It also offers a number of other features to make the rooting process more efficient and powerful.
If you want to root your device using SuperSu zip, then you are in the right place. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you do just that.
- Enable the OEM unlocking and unlock the bootloader of the device
- Install TWRP Recovery
- Make sure to back up all the important data in case any mishap takes place
- Enable USB Debugging on your smartphone
- Install Android SDK tools on your PC
How to root your Android smartphone using SuperSu zip
- First of all, download the flashable root .zip package
- Then, connect the smartphone to the PC via a USB Cable
- Now, transfer the downloaded .zip file to the internal/external storage of the smartphone
- Disconnect your smartphone from the PC
- Now, boot your device into TWRP or any other custom recovery by using the volume + power button combination
- Note: In most of the Android devices “Volume Down + Power”. (In some phone, “Volume UP + Power” button)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, take a complete backup (nandroid backup) of your current ROM. To take a backup, tap on the Backup button –> Select the partitions such as data, system, and boot. Now swipe to start the backup process.
- In the TWRP menu, tap on the ‘Install’ button
- Now, navigate to the storage, look for the .zip file and select it and swipe right to start the flashing process.
- Install the SuperSu zip on your smartphone before hitting the ‘Reboot System’ button
How to Uninstall SuperSU?
- First, download the UPDATE-unSU-signed.zip and copy the file to your phone.
- Boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Install > Select the downloaded UPDATE-unSU-signed.zip file > Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache.
- Reboot your phone. Done!!!
SuperSu is a very good tool to get root access on your device. The flashing process is very simple but remember, installing supersu will may create some issues with your banking apps. So you can consider installing magisk zip to get root access as it won’t create any safetynet issue and all your banking apps will work fine.