Oppo’s sub-brand Realme launched the Realme 3 device with Android 9 Pie a few months ago. If you’re using this device and want to root or install TWRP Recovery, we’ll share with you the steps. this is the cheapest smartphone with Android Pie by Realme brand. Here is the guide on How to Root Realme 3 Device with easy steps. Now, if you don’t know what is root, follow the short guide.
What is SuperSu?
SuperSu is a highly reliable and renowned root solution for Android ever since it was launched by Chainfire a few years back. SuperSu was introduced as a mainstream app that helps users better manage root access rights. The developers of SuperSu tried to emphasize and focus more on creating a unique GUI for the end users to help them handle root permissions easily. It also offers a number of other features to make the rooting process more efficient and powerful.
If you want to root your device using SuperSu zip, then you are in the right place. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you do just that. Now, before going to the main topic, let’s take a look at the device specifications.
Realme 3 Specifications:
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P70 (12nm)
- GPU: ARM Mali-G72
- RAM & Storage: 3GB + 32GB / 4GB + 64GB
- External Memory: Up to 256 GB
- Display: 6.2-inch HD+ 1520×720 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Rear Camera: Dual 13MP primary + 2MP secondary sensors, f/1.8, PDAF, Nightscape, Hybrid HDR, Chroma Boost, AI Portrait Mode
- Front Camera: 13MP Selfie camera with AI, 1.12μm Pixels, HDR, AI Face Unlock & AI Beautification mode
- Video Recording: 720p/1080p videos @30fps, Slo-Mo 720p videos @90fps
- Battery: 4,230 mAh non-removable typical battery
- Connectivity: dual VoLTE nano-SIM, dedicated microSD card slot, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, single-band 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS, Micro-USB port, a 3.5mm audio jack
- Sensors: E-Compass, Ambient Light, Proximity, Gravity, Accelerometer, Fingerprint, OTG sensor
- Operating System: ColorOS 6.0 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- This Guide is only for Realme 3 device. Don’t try this method for any other device.
- Take a full backup of your device data before doing anything as unlocking your phone will erase all of your data..
- Make sure keep at least 60%-70% battery on your phone.
- Your smartphone should have installed TWRP recovery. You can follow the step-by-step process on TWRP – Install TWRP recovery on Any Android Device
- After installing the Custom Recovery, you need to follow the steps to root mentioned below.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Realme 3: (Official Method)
- Download Latest Supersu zip file for the Realme 3 device at first and copy it on your device storage.
- Now, rename the zip file to Update.zip for better understanding.
- Download and install the Unlock-Tool.APK file on your device.
- Open unlock tool.
- Click Start applying.
- Please read the disclaimer in detail, select the checkbox, and submit your application.
- Please wait for a few minutes as it will check the application by Realme servers.
- According to the Realme Community guideline, it will take approximately for 1 hour to review the unlock request successfully.
- Now, you can proceed to Start the in-depth test method.
- You will see a line of command on your device screen automatically:
fast boot_unlock_verify ok
- Now, connect your device with PC/Laptop via a USB cable and go to ADB fastboot folder (follow here).
- Open command prompt then type and enter the following line↵
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type and press enter with following line:
fastboot flashing unlock
- Press Volume Up key on your phone to enter in fastboot mode.
- Navigate to the Fastboot Reboot mode by pressing Volume Up button and press Volume Down button to select or confirm the fastboot mode.
- This will reboot your device and enter in-depth test mode (erase all user data).
- Done. You’ve successfully unlocked your device bootloader.
Disclaimer: While following this guide TheDroidTimes will not be responsible for any kind of damage or issue occurs to your device. There is no official TWRP image file released yet. You need to wait for it. Otherwise, if you’re in a hurry, do it at your own risk.
Steps to install TWRP Recovery and Root
- Install TWRP or Flashify application on your Realme 3 device from the Google Play Store.
- Go to Flash option (give all permissions) > search for your device model > select it > choose TWRP Recovery Image file > download the file then select flash to recovery or reboot.
- Now, boot your Realme 3 in TWRP Recovery mode.
- The TWRP Recovery main menu will appear.
- Go to Wipe option and choose Wipe Cache > Swipe to wipe cache.
- Go back to the main menu again and tap on Install button > search for the Update.zip file and swipe to confirm flash.
- Wait for a few seconds and it will successfully root your Realme Realme 3 device very easily.