The Redmi Note 7 is the successor device of Xiaomi’s predecessor Redmi Note 6. As we all know, Xiaomi devices are quite capable of getting root access or twrp recovery installation. But at first, you need to unlock the bootloader. Here is the guide step-by-step on How to unlock the bootloader on Redmi Note 7. But before going into the flashing steps, let’s have a look at the device specifications in brief.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Specifications
It comes with a huge display with waterdrop notch. The device has a 6.3-inch Full HD+ display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels. The device is getting popularity in the market for its’ look and specifications.
The Redmi Note 7 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC coupled with 3GB/4GB/6GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB of onboard memory. The storage is expandable up to 256GB via a MicroSD card. The Note 7 packs a 48MP primary camera and a 5MP of a secondary camera on the rear side. While the front does have a 13MP selfie camera with HDR support.
The handset runs on Android 9.0 Pie over MIUI 10 out-of-the-box. The device packed by a 4,000 mAh battery with Quick Charge 4 support. It does have Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C port, Wi-Fi, GPS, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor etc. All other major sensors and connectivity options are available in this device.
Now, coming to the main topic. Redmi Note 7 comes with locked bootloader like every device. But you can easily and officially unlock the bootloader within a few minutes. If you are new to rooting segment, then you should know that Unlocking the bootloader of any android device is the first and most important step. You have to unlock the bootloader first, then you can install TWRP Recovery as well.
Once TWRP is installed, you can easily gain root access via flashing SuperSU zip file from the Magisk or TWRP Recovery.
Please Note: thedroidtimes site will not be responsible for any kind of damage occurs to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk. You should know first what are you doing and take a full backup of your device data is highly recommended.
- Make sure you have installed Xiaomi drivers on your Windows PC.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot Tools On your computer.
- It’s recommended to take a complete backup of your device.
- Maintain at least 50%-60% battery to prevent occasional shutdown during the flashing process.
How to Unlock the Bootloader on Redmi Note 7
- Enable the Developer Options, USB Debugging, and OEM Unlock from the device. (Go to Settings > About phone > tap 7 times on the MIUI Version to enable the Developer Options. Now Go back to main Settings > Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock.)
- Again go to Settings > Xiaomi Mi account > Mi Cloud > Enable Sync and Find Device option.
- Log in to Mi Cloud Server to check whether your device is synced or not. If there are other devices synced with your Mi Cloud account, remove them first and try again.
- Download Mi Unlock tool. Once you download the file, Extract the zip file on your PC.
- Now, open the extracted file and launch MiFlashUnlock tool (.exe).
- A disclaimer page will appear, click on Agree button.
- Now Log in with your Xiaomi Mi Account via the tool. If you don’t have Xiaomi Mi Id then Sign UP from here and create.
- Now boot your Redmi Note 7 device into Fastboot mode (press and hold power+volume down key) and connect it to your PC via the USB cable.
- Your device will be shown as connected devices list. If not then try to install all the necessary drivers properly.
- Now, click on the Unlock button. Just proceed. It will start the bootloader unlocking process automatically.
- Once the process is completed, reboot your device. Now, your device bootloader should be unlocked. You can also check the unlocked bootloader status from the device settings > Developer Options.
Here is the guide on – How to Root Android using SuperSU ZIP and Custom Recovery
Hope this guide is clear to you. If you have any doubts or queries, leave a comment below.