Samsung Odin for Mac is now available to download and install. Here in this guide, we will talk about how to download and install Odin for Mac easily. If you’re using any Samsung smartphone or tablet device, you should know that Odin is a tool to flash files on Samsung handsets. With the help of the Odin tool, you can easily install any modules or custom ROMs, custom recoveries, stock ROM etc.
Here are the step-by-step guides mentioned below to install Odin on your Apple Mac PC or MacBook easily within a few minutes. The new version of the Odin tool for Mac called Jodin3.
Download Odin for Mac (Jodin3)
- Download Jodin3 for Mac OS – here
Please Note: This is the latest version of the tool and it can be used in offline mode as well. But for the Mac version, you can’t flash large files via Jodin3 tool like firmware packages. The Jodin3 works with Heimdall as well.
- Need to install the latest version of Java on your MAC from here.
- Download and install the Heimdall on your MAC from here.
- Keep the Samsung USB driver updated.
- Make sure to don’t have Samsung Kies installed on your MacBook. [If installed, uninstall it first]
- Now, connect your device with MacBook via a USB cable.
- Finally, enable USB Debugging Mode on your Samsung device from Settings > Developer Options.
Steps to Download and Install Odin for Mac (Jodin3)
- First of all, download the offline version of Jodin3 or access the online Jodin3 on your MacBook. (Link is given above)
- Open the Jodin3 (Offline or Online) then Tap on the PDA tab.
- After that Navigate to the required .tar.md5 file which you want to flash on your Samsung Android device
- Now boot your Samsung device into bootloader mode.
- [Bootloader Mode: Press and Hold the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons simultaneously and plug it to MacBook using a USB cable]
- After that just uncheck all the options in Jodin3 except Auto-Reboot option.
- Click on the Start button and Jodin3 will ask you to load the PIT file of your device.
- Then Just follow the steps properly described as the on-screen guide.
- Once flashing is done, your Samsung device will reboot automatically.
- You’re done. Happy flashing! 🙂
Feel free to ask your comments below if you’ve any issues regarding Jodin3 flash tool for Mac OSX.