Samsung has started rolling out a new software update to Galaxy A50 model. The update comes with the latest May 2019 Android security patch. It also comes with some improvements in the camera department to increase image quality. Samsung has also provided a few general bug fixes and system stability. Previously, the Galaxy A50 got an update with a Live Focus effect and a Beauty Video Mode.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Update: May 2019 Patch
The latest firmware update for the Galaxy A50 comes with a version: A505FDDU1ASE2. The update size is around 154MB. According to the changelog, the firmware update improves the stability of the camera to take better images. There are some minor bug fixes like Wi-Fi connectivity and stability of the smartphone. Most importantly, the update contains the latest Android Security Patch of May 2019 which will improve system security.
If you don’t get the update yet, you can try to check for the updates manually via Settings > Software update > Download updates manually. Thanks to the SamMobile for reporting about the update first. The update will roll out globally and will take a few days more. So please be patient and keep waiting for the official OTA updates. Otherwise, if you want to install the update right now, you can check out the SamMobile Update Center.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Specifications: Overview
- Display: 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-U display
- Processor: Exynos 9610 SoC
- RAM & Storage: 4GB + 64GB & 6GB + 64GB, Expandable up to 512GB via MicroSD card
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, Samsung One UI
- Rear Camera: Triple 25MP (F1.7) + 8MP (F2.2) + 5MP (F2.2) sensors
- Front Camera: Single 25MP (F2.0) selfie camera
- Battery: 4,000 mAh, 15W Fast Charging
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, FM Radio, GPS, A-GPS, a 3.5mm audio jack, etc.
- Sensors: On-Screen Fingerprint Sensor, Proximity, Ambient Light, Accelerometer, Gyro, Hall, etc.
- Colors: Black, White, and Blue